Prawns pan-fried in chilli and finished with lemon and herbs make a spicy and refreshing meal that’s ready in 10 minutes.
Chilli Garlic Prawns Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 long fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 1kg peeled green prawns, with tails intact
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, sliced, brushed with oil, chargrilled, to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the prawns and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind and coriander to the prawn mixture and toss to combine. Divide the prawns among serving plates and serve with rocket and bread.